SERVICE LEARNING STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020 at 4:00pm.
APPLICATION: Please complete the two-step application process below.
- Download the Student Travel Grant Application Sumission Guidelines. Click here to download. Review all information with your Service Learning mentor/instructor.
- Complete the Student Travel Grant Application. Click here to apply.
General Information: The goal of service learning student grants is to assist in the cost of travel for students engaged in service learning for the purpose of:
- Presenting a paper, poster, or other type of official presentation, or serving on a panel at a conference, workshop, or symposium based on their service learning class or research.
- Participating in an interactive workshop or symposium related to research.
- Collecting data related to service learning based research.
Travel Regulations: Available funds can be awarded for domestic travel only. Any student proposal can be awarded up to $1,000 for travel.
- The student must be actively engaged in service learning research or be presenting information and/or research from participation in a service learning course. Application must be enrolled as a full time student at the time of travel in order to receive funding.
- The student's home academic department must be willing to facilitate travel, including the submission of travel request forms and managing all expenses. Expenses up to the award amount will be transferred to a service learning cost center once travel is complete.
Final Requirements of Successful Applicants
- All travel arrangements must be managed by the awardee's home department.
- Submit an end-of-year impact report (1 page plus photos) by June 15, 2020 to the Service Learning Travel Grant Documentation Form.
- The end-of-year impact report should be 1-2 pages, single-spaced, 1-inch margin, Times New Roman 12-point in Word format.
- The report should describe: (a) where you travel(ed), (b) what class this travel is/was for (if relevant), (c) how the travel experience is/was used as part of the service learning experience, and (d) impact of use - What does/did this travel experience help to achieve? How many people and/or community members were impacted?
Budget Proposal: To check out the budget proposal template, click here.