"Be the Change, Today" Workshop
Presentations and RecordingsCreating Context
Laura GrayIntegrating Research...
Fran Hagstrom, Ph.D.
Course Check Sheet and TimelineThe Course Check Sheet and Timeline provides faculty with helpful information for establishing new service learning courses.
Matrix of Difference Among Service Learning, Community Service and Traditional Internships/Practicums
The Committee has developed the following matrix to assist faculty, staff and students in distinguishing among service learning, community service and traditional internship/practicum activities. In order to qualify as true service learning on the University of Arkansas campus, any experience must include the eight characteristics listed in the service learning column below.
The following resources are available to help in developing a service learning course and syllabus:
- Models of Service Learning
- Six Steps to Designing Effective Service Learning Courses
- Syllabi across Disciplines
- Service Learning Journal Example
- Introducing Service Learning into Courses through Different Formats
- Structured Reflection to Enhance Learning
- Reflection in Service Learning Classes
- Essential Guide to Reflection
- Tools and Rubrics for Civic Engagement Assessment
- Protection of Minors Policy Guidelines
- Intercultural Knowledge and Competence VALUE Rubric
Liability Insurance & Background Checks
Visit the Risk Management Tab.
Resources at Other Colleges/Universities
Below is a short list of other universities that participate in Service Learning: